Our big world is wonderful and wonderfully made! Have you conveyed that level of enthusiasm to your students? I sure hope so! Don't waste another second! Dive right in to immerse yourself in the vast ocean of geography fun, using these 10 simple tips!
Over the next few weeks, expanding on one tip per week, I will share with you the detailed suggestions for infusing excitement into your geography studies. For now, take a look at these simple tips to peak your interest and intrigue your student!
1. STORIES! Guide your student into funny, mysterious, and moving stories about children and families who live in other parts of the world. Suggestions to follow...
2. SPIN A GLOBE! Bestow a sense of wonder in your child as you observe the countries from a birds-eye view. So much to suggest about this one...coming soon!
3. RELATIONS! How does the location and physical geography of each country affect its relationships with other countries in the world?
4. HISTORY! Of course...but have you thought about how the terrain has impacted the decisions, successes, and failures of the great figures in history? Geography provides the game board for the most strategic game of Risk ever!
5. ODD FACTS! This makes geography soooo fun! Books and the internet are just brimming with facts waiting to produce a happily horrified "Ewwww!" or a truly surprised "Oh, really?!?" that will prove way more memorable than any fact in a history book. I've got loads of tips for this one...stay tuned!!
6. SONGS! If you are here, you have probably glimpsed the tip of the iceberg that is the magic of song!
7. DANCES & FOOD & CULTURE, OH MY! Move around, touch foreign objects, and paint that flag with brilliant color! Sensory suggestions abound!
8. LAUGHABLE MEMORY TRICKS! Need to memorize some features or a few hundred capitals? No problem! Stop back for my crazy suggestions about memory tricks!
9. DREAM! No supplies needed! Let me offer some advice on this one!
10. DRAW! Make it concrete. Put it on paper! No small task, but wonderfully fulfilling when you follow a few easy tips!
Everyone can learn to love geography, once you make it fun! Geography connects all learning to the practical, allowing us to fully comprehend how God has used people to impact His world.
Join the conversation! Subscribe to this blog, and you will receive an email each time the blog has been updated! Don't miss it! Use the comments to let us know what has worked well for you!
See you very soon!